Pizza may be an Italian dish, but it is an American favorite. Over three billion pizzas are sold every year in the United States, and it isn’t hard to understand why. Pizza is not only incredibly delicious, it offers you a full and convenient meal at any time of day. That is why it even has a holiday here in America! National Pizza Day is February 9th. Celebrate this amazing holiday with a Loveland pizza special from Blackjack Pizza, and by reading some interesting statistics about pizza here:
- The average American eats 46 slices of pizza every year.
- There are over 5,441 books about pizza.
- Ninety-three percent of Americans eat pizza a minimum of once a month.
- There are 350 pizza slices sold every second.
- Americans consume 251.7 million pounds of pepperoni a year.
- Don’t worry, you have more time to celebrate pizza; October is National Pizza Month!
- The most popular night of the week to eat pizza is Saturday.
- Pizza is the favorite food of American children, ages three to 11.
- The world’s largest pizza was made in 1987 in Havana, Florida by Lorenzo Amato and Louis Piancone. It was 10,000 square feet and weighed 44,457 pounds. It was cut into 94,248 slices and eaten by more than 30,000 people.
- The most pizza is consumed in America the week of the Super Bowl.
Craving pizza yet? Take advantage of our Loveland pizza specials now! Call Blackjack Pizza in Loveland today to order your favorite meal to celebrate National Pizza Day.